Wednesday 2 January 2013

hello 2013 & Woolly Wednesday....


Happy New Year to you all! 2013 is the start of more new great things I'm sure!

Now I know I didn't spin this myself but it's wool - right?
In late 2011 I started this Kaffe Fassett throw for my mother - in that time there have been many ups and downs and it sure has been a challenge. 

  
But I finished it. All 300 odd rows, crocheted edging and velvet lining. It nearly defeated me several times - I kept having to wander off and find something small and less demanding to knit.


I could just sit and stare at it for ages....

It has a new home now (a tidy home.) I miss it - sort of. I don't miss the fact it sat in my work basket staring me out in a threatening manner until I picked it up.

Now I can be selfish and concentrate on spinning, knitting and making for me (until the next lot of elving starts)

ps... Suzani is Ravelled here

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness!!!! That is so gorgeous! You should be so proud.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it'a amazing. And huge! I can see why you were daunted by it. Well done on completing it, and Happy New Year to you too.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow that is beautiful x
    I have a friend at our Guild who loves Kaffe's work so I will show her this picture. Kaffe opened our Guilds exhibition a couple of years ago, it was lovely to meet him.

    All woolly crafts welcome to link up to spinspiration, always x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab - lucky Mim. However, I can completely understand how some wips make you feel threatened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless! Those colors are amazing, truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! I MEAN WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S JUST AMAZING!!! I love the colors, the crochet edging, the lining.........well it's just gorgeous!! I can only imagine how challenging this pattern must have been. It is totally a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - you're very kind! It was very challenging but totally worth it. I get to visit it though...

      Delete
  7. It's stunning! So much work. Good idea to break it up with smaller projects. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

hello! thank you for taking the time to comment - I love reading them all!