Monday 5 March 2012

making our own sunshine


Weather wise it was a freaky weekend - sunny one minute - snowing the next... so we decided we'd make our own sunshine.


Starting with a very happy 7th birthday, and much cake.....


and finishing with;
  • sharing new books together (a strange mix of How to Train Your Dragon and Anne of Green Gables)
  • playing Scrabble, 
  • planning who is going to live in this once we've set it up,
  • and more cake, lots of cake... even Jess was out-caked and she has serious cake stamina....

7 comments:

  1. Daffodils, bunting, books and cake - i think that may be total perfection in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could find cake stamina for that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a magnificent cake and I love your bunting, such lovely colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We're still ploughing on through the cake! A houseful of 7 year olds (what is the collective noun for 7 year old girls? - A Squeal?) didn't make as much impact as I hoped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there ever too much cake? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had wonderful day. It is birthday season here at our house with me up this month, hubby next month, Noah is May and Julien in June. I hear you on the caked out thing!!!

    Beautiful decorations.
    Jennifer @Dark Blue Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your bunting, so very spring like

    ReplyDelete

hello! thank you for taking the time to comment - I love reading them all!