Thursday 14 March 2013

While I've been away....

Well I didn't mean to take such a long break but there just didn't seem to be enough hours in the day recently...  What there has been time for (apart from very poorly little people and stupidly behaved weather) is yarn.


For Mother's Day (along with the gorgeous homemade cards and the time spent with my mother) I received this beautiful and so inspirational book and a variety pack of Koolaid.


Now I know that you people over the pond can get Koolaid easily but it's something we can't get easily here in the UK (unless anyone tells me otherwise.) Also the concept of Koolaid dyeing is not new or special to you but bear with me I'm still having fun...


I'm loving the bright colours - not loving the smell so much but there is much worse out there I'm sure. I'm also excited about dyeing up some merino roving. Can't wait to spin it!
What are you guys up to craft wise these days?

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this, but I'm wanting to dye my yarn. I'm still afraid of dying the wool. Looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Lovely to see you back here. Dyeing with Koolaid - what fun!

    Craft wise here...crochet, Easter (think eggs and pastels) and more crochet. :-)

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love your yarn, have never heard of this, fab idea though and looks fun. Craft wise for me at the moment I am loving crochet.
    M xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that book! It is one of my favorites. Here in the states it is hard to get good Kool Aid colors anymore. Lots of pinks and purples and little else. I had to order some Flavor Aid from ebay to get a decent variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing what you make with it all!

    ReplyDelete

hello! thank you for taking the time to comment - I love reading them all!